Thursday, December 9, 2010

Introduction

Hello good people. My name is Justin and I started working at a bar in Chicago, IL as a bouncer/doorman a couple months ago, and in these few short months I have encountered some hilarious situations and learned a lot about the 'bar biz.'

First off, I'm a 5'9 and 180 pound guy who has never been in a fight in his life, and prays that he will not have to be in his first one every time he clocks in to work. I am also very soft spoken and tend to shy away from conflict. How did I get hired as a bouncer? How does anyone in the world a job? Connections. Why would a softie like me want to be a bouncer? Money. Am I the best at my job? Probably not.

But, as a bouncer, it is my responsibility to people watch (everyone's favorite pastime), enforce the house rules, and to make sure that everyone has an enjoyable and safe night out. However, I have seen some things, and some stuff.

I have come across guys spitting just horrible game and think they really have a chance. I have unfortunately seen some horrific dancing that truly furthers the stereotype that white guys have no rhythm. And of course, I have had to toss people out for being idiots.

I am using this blog as an outlet to share these ridiculous experiences with others (if anyone is actually gonna read this)while I act as a sober monitor and observe your night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment