Thursday, December 9, 2010

Do's and Don'ts

In my experience working the door, I have compiled a list of Do's and Don'ts that should be followed for a successful customer/bouncer encounter.

Do's:
  • Bring your ID--you would be surprised how many people come to the bar without an ID and expect to get in. Are you kidding??
  • Have your ID ready--this one goes out to all the ladies out there. It's very frustrating when you ladies have huge purses filled with everything but the kitchen sink and struggle to find your ID upon entering the bar. The next line spoken is typically, "wait. I swear I have it." 5 min later, "it's here I promise."
  • Be kind and courteous to the guy at the door--It's like pissing of a waiter at a restaurant. Don't mess with the people that handle your food, don't mess with the people that let you in the bar. I won't spit in your drink, but if you piss off a bouncer you have a target on your back the rest of the night (we're not drunk so we know who you are)
Don'ts:
  • Try and dap up (shake hands in a hip fashion) the guy at the door--This one goes out to the fella's. We don't care if you are trying to impress your friends by looking cool. Just give the ID and go.
  • Piss us off--see above
  • Hold on to your ID while we are trying to check it--I'll give it back if you are 21 I promise.
  • Give me your ID and while i'm looking at your ID start to walk away as if you're soooo 21 that getting your ID checked is so beyond you--It only makes you look more suspicious.
  • Approach me and tell me that you are gonna hook up with that chick--you're not.
This is a very short list that will account for a positive evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment